Monday, March 18, 2019

Polonaise almost done!

I got a lot of sewing done this weekend and the gown is almost finished. It needs buttons (ordered and waiting for delivery) and some bows (ribbon ordered and waiting for delivery). I didn't have enough lace left to trim the entire skirt, so settled for the lower edge, then used my wonderful lime green fuzzy trim. I love it soooooo much!

I also added one more ruffle to the bottom of the skirt, made from the kitty fabric. The facing was supposed to be done in the fashion fabric, but I wouldn't have had enough material. I had to piece the heck out of the ruffle that I made to get it long enough. I didn't take another photo with the added ruffle, but it looks great. I also made a small stuffed kitty that will go on my hat. I think I'm going to use my bat hat for this one and just replace the bat with the kitty, but I might do another hat as I have other patterns I want to play with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The giant R2-D2 post

I've been bad about updating on my latest project - a Victorian R2-D2 gown! I have a whole group for Costume College who also want to cr...