After many hours of hand sewing binding, the revers are now on the bodice. I also tried it on over the corset and it fits perfectly! Now I have to sew on 42 buttons and do the hook and eye closure on the front.
I also need to do the collar. It is supposed to have individually cut scallops sewn on and bias bound. What you see in the picture is just a scalloped piece I cut for the sash that is draped in there. I am soooooo tired of hand binding scallops - I estimate I've spent about 20 hours hand sewing between the skirt and the bodice. I am definitely not doing the individual scallops, the thought of that makes me cry, so I think I am going to either use one of the sash pieces or cut a new scalloped piece. The sashes are supposed to be bias bound also, but instead I am going to do them in the black taffeta and use my scalloped scissors because I AM SICK OF BINDING SCALLOPS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The giant R2-D2 post
I've been bad about updating on my latest project - a Victorian R2-D2 gown! I have a whole group for Costume College who also want to cr...
-
I am crazy enough to have two projects currently planned, the 1896 ensemble and an 1830s gown. I saw this amazing silk taffeta for sale in o...
-
I made a lot of progress this past week with my kids gone! Funny how that happens. The under skirt is ruched, I just need to add some white ...
-
Let me just say that trying to fit a bodice by yourself is not an easy task. I decided to do spiral lacing up the back, and trying to explai...


No comments:
Post a Comment