Monday, August 20, 2018

More Leia Progress


I finished up Leia's corset this weekend. I was really scared doing the zipper because I couldn't baste on leather, but read a tip to use double-sided quilting tape to stick it in place and that was awesome. I stupidly didn't get a separating zipper, but I can shimmy it over my head. I also messed up and let the zipper pull slide off the top when I was shortening the zipper and it took a good while to get it back on. Oops. I am really happy with how it turned out.





I also made pouches for the belt. I just need some additional hardware for the closures which is coming today - thank you Amazon. The rebel pin will go on the flap to the larger pouch. I found a belt on eBay that might work, and if not I will try to make something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The giant R2-D2 post

I've been bad about updating on my latest project - a Victorian R2-D2 gown! I have a whole group for Costume College who also want to cr...