I am in the final phases now. I found some lovely pearl trim that went onto the overskirt. It took many hours of hand sewing to attach this, and unfortunately there are a couple spots where pearls were missing. I am going to try sewing an additional one into the gap though, or maybe some super glue. But it looks really good! And I did a big bow on the back, although it's a bit floppy and I might redo it with some more structure.
I also made some adorable origami fabric butterflies for the bodice. I love how they turned out! Even with those, I think it's still lacking some oomph. I ordered some little satin roses that I'm going to try in the center of each box pleat. And I made a bow in the blue fabric for the left shoulder, but I need to try it on to decide exactly where to attach it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The giant R2-D2 post
I've been bad about updating on my latest project - a Victorian R2-D2 gown! I have a whole group for Costume College who also want to cr...
-
I am crazy enough to have two projects currently planned, the 1896 ensemble and an 1830s gown. I saw this amazing silk taffeta for sale in o...
-
I made a lot of progress this past week with my kids gone! Funny how that happens. The under skirt is ruched, I just need to add some white ...
-
Let me just say that trying to fit a bodice by yourself is not an easy task. I decided to do spiral lacing up the back, and trying to explai...
No comments:
Post a Comment